Literature (more on CDC & DPH websites)
Special Thank You
Thank you all those who have supported Heywood Healthcare during this time. Whether you have made monetary donations, provided food for our staff, supplied necessary PPE, or have just spread the word about the work we do, we are so appreciative of you. Thank you also to those who have helped with our BackPack Program during this time. YOU have helped made our community healthy!
If you have essential medical supplies (masks, PPE, etc.) and are willing to donate them to our organization, please call 978-751-1289.
Important COVID-19 Updates
Due to the uptick in positive COVID cases, visitation will once again be restricted. Patients on Comfort Measures Only will be permitted to have one healthy visitor, as well as laboring mothers. Patients coming for outpatient services are not permitted to have anyone accompany them at this time. As always, we know there are special circumstances that warrant an accommodation, but the general rule is no visitation for the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community at large. Limiting the foot-traffic helps to maintain a sterile environment for our patients.
Update 10.23.2020 - 27,087 tested, 612 positives, 25,789 negative results
Heywood Healthcare is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus) and is coordinating with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state public health officials to take every precaution to prepare us to provide safe care to all of our patients, including those who may present with COVID19 symptoms.
A Message from the Heywood Healthcare Board of Trustees
Dear Heywood Healthcare Employees:
The current pandemic has created the most challenging medical care environment our country has ever seen and as a result has put healthcare organizations in a position most of us could not have imagined possible. As Trustees of Heywood Healthcare, we want to acknowledge the amazing work that all of you are doing to care for the needs of our patients and communities in a positive, compassionate and professional manner as well as remaining mindful of your own personal safety and wellbeing.
While as Trustees we are not on the frontline, we continue to work closely with Win and the leadership team to help guide and support decisions that ensure both near and long-term success for this amazing community-based healthcare organization.
The strength of this organization is, and will always be, its people. It is clear that all of you are doing your part to continue to place the community in good hands during this challenging and unprecedented time.
Thank you for all you do!
Chair, Heywood Healthcare Board of Trustees
Important COVID19 Provisions at Heywood Healthcare
Hospital Precautionary Measures - Masks required at all times at both hospitals:
- Heywood Hospital's open entrances are now the main and south entrance. The South entrance is only available to those entering the hospital for Surgical Day Care, Specialty Care, the Wound Center, or for staff.
- The entrances available at Athol Hospital is the Main Entrance and Emergency Department Entrance. At night only the ED entrance is available.
- Strict Visitation Policy
- Due to the uptick in positive COVID cases, visitation will once again be restricted. Patients on Comfort Measures Only will be permitted to have one healthy visitor, as well as laboring mothers. Patients coming for outpatient services are not permitted to have anyone accompany them at this time. As always, we know there are special circumstances that warrant an accommodation, but the general rule is no visitation for the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community at large. Limiting the foot-traffic helps to maintain a sterile environment for our patients.
- Click here to see tips on ways to keep in touch with your loved ones who are in the hospital.
- All support groups, classes, club meetings, etc. held on Heywood Healthcare campuses are suspended indefinitely.
- The Life Center is closed to the public until further notice.
- All non-essential personnel, including students and interns, are temporarily restricted from Heywood Hospital, Athol Hospital, and all Heywood Medical Group locations.
- All vendors are restricted. Alternate arrangements have been made on necessity.
Satellite Location Precautions--Masks are required for entry into all locations:
- Our Urgent Care (located on Main St. in Gardner) and Tully Walk-in (located in the Market Basket Plaza in Athol) locations are open for Care Operations for sick visits Monday – Sunday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Please be reminded we are not providing “on demand” testing at these locations. Patients who visit these locations will be screened and tested if they meet clinical criteria for testing. For more information on asymptomatic testing, visit our Community Testing page.
- Please click here for a list of all our Heywood Medical Group Practices' updated hours. Our Primary Care Physicians have received training on Telemedicine so we may continue to efficiently, effectively and safely support our patients needs throughout this challenging time. It is important that patients call their Primary Care Provider if they suspect they have COVID19 in order to receive the most up to date information.
- Several of the area schools are continuing to provide students with school breakfast and/or lunches, and Heywood is assisting to supplement with food items. Thank you to Advanced Cable Ties, who has provided support and a location for warehouse storage of the food items.
- Our Tele-Behavioral Health services are continuing. If your school is interested in participating, please contact Morgan Ban-Draoi at 978-724-0010.
- We have recordings of some of our youth activity programming. Activities include exercise and others ways to encourage our youth to continue to be active and healthy during this uncertain time.
- Visit the "Community Support & Self Care" tab for resources for keeping you and your family safe during this pandemic.
Please continue to refer to Heywood Healthcare’s websites and social media platforms for the most up to date information.