Heywood Hospital provides medical, surgical, telemetry and intensive care services in the state of the art Watkins Center for Emergency and Acute Care.
Watkins I is the telemetry, medical surgical floor with 19 beds. The 6-bed Robinson-Broadhurst ICU is also located on this floor.
Watkins II has a 25-bed medical surgical floor which includes 8-telemetry beds and a pediatric subunit that cares for patients from joint replacement to more invasive surgeries.
Patient and Family Centered Care at Heywood Hospital
Staff from these units work together on a team devoted to providing Patient and Family Centered Care. Below is a list of services and features that Heywood currently offers that help us deliver care in a way that is respectful and mindful of the needs and preferences of our patients and their families.
If you have comments on the care your loved one receives, please let the medical team know. Also, please also take a moment to respond to either the mail or the phone survey you may receive from our survey vendor, Press Ganey. We use your feedback to help us continually improve.
Enhancement of Services
- Individualized Patient and Family Centered Care Plans
- Multidisciplinary Care Team that included Hospitalists, Registered Nurses, CNA's, Social Services, Care Coordinators, Dieticians, Physical Therapists, and Speech Therapists
- Rooming In Visitation
- Patient & Family Advisory Council
- Private Rooms
- On-Call Clergy
- Multicultural Approach
- Interpreter Services
- Wireless Internet Access
- Minimal Overhead Paging
- “Liberalized” Patient Menus (with more options to choose from)
- Physical Therapy Gym on Watkins II