STOP THE SPREAD
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. You can take steps to slow the spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible
- Wear a mask to cover you mouth and nose
- Avoid crowds
- Stay home if you are sick
Update 2.17.2021 -
61,199 specimens tested, 2,713 positives,
58,173 negative results
Heywood Healthcare is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (2019 Novel Coronavirus) and is coordinating with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state public health officials to take every precaution to prepare us to provide safe care to all of our patients, including those who may present with COVID19 symptoms.
COVID19 Provisions at Heywood Healthcare
Hospital Precautionary Measures:
- Masks are required at all times at both hospitals.
- Heywood Hospital's open entrances are now the main and south entrance. The South entrance is only available to those entering the hospital for Surgical Day Care, Specialty Care, the Wound Center, or for staff.
- The entrances available at Athol Hospital is the Main Entrance and Emergency Department Entrance. The Emergency Department is the only entrance is available at night.
- Strict Visitation Policy
- Due to the uptick in positive COVID cases, visitation will once again be restricted. Patients on Comfort Measures Only will be permitted to have one healthy visitor, as well as laboring mothers. Patients coming for outpatient services are not permitted to have anyone accompany them at this time. As always, we know there are special circumstances that warrant an accommodation, but the general rule is no visitation for the health and safety of our patients, staff and our community at large. Limiting the foot-traffic helps to maintain a sterile environment for our patients.
- Click here to see tips on ways to keep in touch with your loved ones who are in the hospital.
- All support groups, classes, club meetings, etc. held on Heywood Healthcare campuses are suspended indefinitely. Some groups and classes continue to meet virtually.
- The Life Center is closed to the public until further notice.
- All non-essential personnel, including students and interns, are temporarily restricted from Heywood Hospital, Athol Hospital, and all Heywood Medical Group locations.
- All vendors are restricted. Alternate arrangements have been made on necessity.
Satellite Location Precautions:
- Masks are required at all times at all locations
- Our Urgent Care (located on Main St. in Gardner) and Tully Walk-in (located in the Market Basket Plaza in Athol) locations are open for Care Operations for sick visits Monday – Sunday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Please be reminded we are not providing “on demand” testing at these locations. Patients who visit these locations will be screened and tested if they meet clinical criteria for testing. For more information on asymptomatic testing, visit our Community Testing page.
- Please click here for a list of all our Heywood Medical Group Practices' updated hours. Our Primary Care Physicians have received training on Telemedicine so we may continue to efficiently, effectively and safely support our patients needs throughout this challenging time. It is important that patients call their Primary Care Provider if they suspect they have COVID19 in order to receive the most up to date information.
- Several of the area schools are continuing to provide students with school breakfast and/or lunches, and Heywood is assisting to supplement with food items. Thank you to Advanced Cable Ties, who has provided support and a location for warehouse storage of the food items.
- Our Tele-Behavioral Health services are continuing. If your school is interested in participating, please contact Morgan Ban-Draoi at 978-724-0010.
- We have recordings of some of our youth activity programming. Activities include exercise and others ways to encourage our youth to continue to be active and healthy during this uncertain time.
- Visit the "Community Support & Self Care" tab for resources for keeping you and your family safe during this pandemic.
Please continue to refer to Heywood Healthcare’s websites and social media platforms for the most up to date information.