We are not offering community-wide antibody testing at this time. For those interested in antibody testing, please contact your Primary Care Provider who can order the test.
COVID-19 Testing Location
Heywood Hospital Damon Building
** Appointment required **
To Schedule an Appointment Call 978-630-6186
Testing available: Monday-Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Closed on Sundays.
Physician order/referral is not required.
The Heywood Hospital Damon Building (234 Green Street, Gardner, MA) is located across from Heywood Hospital (242 Green St. Gardner, MA).
Enter through Matthews Street – see diagram below:
Monday-Saturday 9:00am -5:00pm
Closed on Sundays
To get tested, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Call 978-630-6186. A member of the Heywood Healthcare staff will gather the necessary information, and schedule your appointment. You must have an appointment before arriving at the testing tent. If you can not ambulate into the building, please express the need for car-side testing when you schedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask on the day you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
- Arrive at the testing location at the time of your appointment (see image above). When visiting the testing site, enter the building from the main entrance under the blue awning - follow the signs to the entrance. Please be timely.
- Check in with the staff member on site.
- You will be asked for your name and other contact information, then swab tested by a Medical Assistant. Once the test is complete you will receive a disclaimer document, as well as guidance on looking up your results online.
- Exit the building by following the staff's instructions.
- Your physician or a team member will call you with your result. You may also obtain your result by visiting LabCorp’s result website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I get tested?
Getting tested is completely voluntary. Many may want to know their status to alleviate their anxiety, or for their personal knowledge and curiosity. Those who are asymptomatic and have tested positive can then look into donating their convalescent plasma.
**It is important to note that the result of the test will only be applicable for the time of the test. It is possible your current status has changed since the time of the test.
What are the risks of being tested?
There is almost no risk associated with the test.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, all community members wanting to be tested must schedule an appointment first by calling 978-630-6186.
How much does the test cost?
Due to the public health emergency, Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance companies are required to cover COVID-19 testing.
How long is the test going to take?
From entering and exiting the, the appointment will take approximately 10 minutes.
Do I need to get out of my car?
The updated testing location is now indoors. If you can not ambulate into the building, please express the need for carside testing when you schedule your appointment.
Should I self-quarantine until I receive my results?
If you do not have symptoms, you do not need to self-quarantine. You are able to continue self-distancing and follow appropriate guidance given by the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
How long will it take for the results to come back?
The timing of receiving results varies from 2-5 days. Due to new state-specific regulations, some results may be delayed due to outsourced labs being delayed. For more information on New England restrictions, visit the side bar on this page.
How will I find out my result?
You can either track the results of your test by visiting LabCorp’s result website (choose “Create an Account”) or downloading the LabCorp Patient App on Apple App Store or Google Play, or wait to be contacted by a Heywood Healthcare physician.
What should I do if I receive a positive result, but have no symptoms?
- Your local Board of Health will be in contact to discuss contact tracing.
- Consider donating your plasma to assist other COVID19 patients. For more information about plasma donations, visit Redcrossblood.org/plasma4covid
Is there a limit to how many times I can be tested?
No, there is no limit to how many times you can be tested.
For more questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 978-630-6186.