Who Is Eligible For a COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot?
What You Need to Know
COVID-19 Vaccine booster shots are available for the following Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine recipients who completed their initial series at least 6 months ago and are:
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work in high-risk settings
- Age 18+ who live in high-risk settings
Flu and Pfizer Booster Vaccines are available to eligible populations at both CVS and Walgreen Pharmacies. Click the links below to learn more.
Now that there are authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines in the United States, accurate vaccine information is critical.
Other CDC links:
- Information about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Information about the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Understanding and Explaining mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
- CDC’s Strategy to Reinforce Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines
- CDC COVID Data Tracker - Vaccinations
- V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker