Cardiac Rehabilitation is a medically supervised program, intended for individuals of all ages, who have experienced the following heart problems:
- A heart attack
- Angioplasty and/or stents
- Stable Angina
- Post cardiac bypass or valve surgery
- A heart transplant
Cardiac Rehabilitation can help you improve your quality of life by improving your overall health. Our physician-supervised program will encourage you to make healthier lifestyle changes.
Our Cardiac Rehabilitation training promotes:
- Risk factor education: weight loss, blood pressure control, blood sugar control, cholesterol control, smoking cessation
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Building better self-esteem
- A healthy lifestyle
Why Choose Heywood for Cardiac Rehab?
- Our smaller educational classes promote strong relationships and better support for your individual needs.
- Our dedicated staff has 20 years of excellence and a host of certifications.
- Heywood Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation staff are members of MACVPR, (Massachusetts Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation)
- Staff is certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- Heywood works with surrounding and tertiary hospitals.
- Heywood’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is physician supervised.
- Our cardiologists, nurses, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, social workers and physical therapists take a team approach in working together to ensure that your rehabilitation works best for you.
- Our staff will work with your Primary Care Physician directly, whether or not he/she is affiliated with our hospital.
How to Participate?
A physician referral is required. To restart your life and get the supportive care you need or for more information regarding the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, please contact (978) 630-6261.