The Junior Volunteer Program at Heywood Hospital partners area high school students with departments and areas throughout the hospital, providing valuable experience for students while helping Heywood better serve patients, visitors and staff.
The four (4) week Summer Program is scheduled to run from July 9, 2018 through August 3, 2018.
You must be available to work a minimum of one four (4) hour shift per week.
Please contact Anne Brewer in Volunteer Services at 978-630-6554 to arrange an in-person interview, at our office. If you are accepted to our program, you will be required to attend a three (3) Hour orientation class.
Please bring to the orientation:
- Completed Volunteer Packet (provided at the interview)
- A recent TB Test (information provided at the interview)
- A Signed Parent Permission Form (provided at the interview)
- Completed Form from Guidance Counselor (provided at the interview)
Please keep in mind the following requirements:
- Step 1 Online Application
- Step 2 In-person Interview
- Step 3 Mandatory Orientation with Completed Paperwork
- Step 4 Minimum four (4) hour Shift per week, for four (4) week Program
- Step 5 Assignment to Department based on Skill Assessment
- Step 6 Jr. Volunteer Department Training
- Step 7 Jr. Volunteer Evaluation
- Step 8 End of Program Celebration
Please call the Volunteer Services Department with any questions. Thank you and we look forward to meeting with you.