Heywood Healthcare Community Testing
In order to gain a better sense of the presence of COVID-19 within our region, community members can now participate in drive-thru testing with or without symptoms.
Individuals with symptoms are encouraged to contact their primary care provider in advance of scheduling their test for proper assessment.
For community testing patients, a physician’s order is encouraged, but not required. For your convenience, we will handle the physician’s order paperwork.
** Appointment required **
Call (978) 630-6186
To Schedule an Appointment, call 7 days/week 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (extended hours)
Tuesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (extended hours)
Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Heywood Hospital Annex Building Parking Lot (259 Green Street, Gardner, MA) is located across from Heywood Hospital (242 Green St. Gardner, MA).
Enter through Matthews Street – see diagram below:
To get tested, please adhere to the following instructions:
1. Call (978) 630-6186. A member of the Heywood Healthcare staff will gather the necessary information, and schedule your appointment. You must have an appointment before arriving at the testing tent.
2. Please wear a mask on the day you arrive for your scheduled appointment.
3. Arrive at the testing location at the time of your appointment (see image above. Follow the signs.). Please be timely. You do not need to roll down your window until instructed to do so.
4. Check in with the staff member on site. You will need to provide your government-issued ID and insurance card. The staff member will then direct you where to drive for your test.
5. You will be asked for your name and other contact information, then swab tested by a Medical Assistant. Once the test is complete you will receive a disclaimer document, as well as guidance on looking up your results online.
6. Exit the parking lot by following the staff's instructions.
7. Your physician or a team member will call you with your result. You may also obtain your result by visiting LabCorp’s result website.
Click here to view your LabCorp Test Results (Choose "Create an Account")
(You can also download the LabCorp Patient App on the Apple App Store or Google Play)
Frequently Asked Questions-
Why should I get tested?
Getting tested is completely voluntary. Many may want to know their status to alleviate their anxiety, or for their personal knowledge and curiosity. Those who are asymptomatic and have tested positive can then look into donating their convalescent plasma.
**It is important to note that the result of the test will only be applicable for the time of the test. It is possible your current status has changed since the time of the test.
What are the risks of being tested?
The drive-thru test has limited contact, so there is almost no risk associated with the test.
Do I need an appointment?
Yes, all community members wanting to be tested must schedule an appointment first by calling (978) 630-6186.
How much does the test cost?
Due to the public health emergency, Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance companies are required to cover Covid-19 testing.
How long is the test going to take?
From entering and exiting the parking lot, the appointment will take approximately 10 minutes.
Do I need to get out of my car?
No, individuals can stay seated in their car for the duration of the appointment.
Can multiple individuals within the same vehicle be tested?
If the individuals in the vehicle have an appointment, they may be tested at the same time.
Do I need to be the driver of the vehicle when I arrive for my appointment, or can someone else drive?
You do not need to be the driver of the vehicle to be the one being tested. Our staff can accommodate by going to the passenger side/back seat of the vehicle.
Should I self-quarantine until I receive my results?
If you do not have symptoms, you do not need to self-quarantine. You are able to continue self-distancing and follow appropriate guidance given by the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
How long will it take for the results to come back?
The timing of receiving results varies from 2-5 days.
How will I find out my result?
You can either track the results of your test by visiting LabCorp’s result website (choose “Create an Account”) or downloading the LabCorp Patient App on Apple App Store or Google Play, or wait to be contacted by a Heywood Healthcare physician.
What should I do if I receive a positive result, but have no symptoms?
2. Your local Board of Health will be in contact to discuss contact tracing.
3. Consider donating your plasma to assist other COVID19 patients. For more information about plasma donations, visit Redcrossblood.org/plasma4covid
Is there a limit to how many people you can be tested in a day?
There will be a limit of 180 appointments per day.
Is there a limit to how many times I can be tested?
No, there is no limit to how many times you can be tested.
For more questions, please contact email@example.com or call (978) 630-6186